On 18th March 2020, my CBSE board exams had got over. Overjoyed and carefree days had with typical ’Binge-watching ’and ’Binge-eating’ days had started. I used to have about three large packets of nachos almost every day. Going to a restaurant had become a weekly affair by then & I skin stopped working out too, simply because I was glued to my couch in front of my television. Weeks passed in this way and I felt that everything was going well until I noticed my skin was not what it used to be!
A month and ten days passed in this way, only for me to realize I had bloated and had put on about 3kgs. For a person like me who was always into sports and physical fitness, even half a kg more was nothing but a nightmare! Matters worsened when my face started becoming oily and heat bumps had started appearing and I even remember a family friend of asking me “You’ve got great hair, but what about your skin?”, and till date, I recall what a huge punch in the gut that was. My self-esteem was pulled down to zero & I stopped wearing crop tops and limited myself from going out.
A week later I told myself, it’s in my hands if I want to see my old self again or remain the same lazy person with zero self-confidence. That day I decided that I’ll get back to my normal diets, sleep schedules, routine workouts etc. Today, as I complete 25 days of me getting back to my normal, I feel more confident about my self. Living hale and healthy takes nothing but your normal lifestyle, proper diet, and perfect sleep routines.
During this short yet frustrating period of one month, I had a steady run with a dermatologist in my locality, my skin is back to manageable now and this writeup is for those who struggle with self-esteem issues due to their unhealthy skin. I must say that the creams and medicines prescribed by the doctors did do a little to my face but, trust me, nothing gave me more comfort than natural remedies that I tried at home. Here are some remedies:
- 7-8 almonds a day can do a lot for your skin and internal system.
- Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which helps in reducing signs of ageing and nourishes your skin.
- Vitamin E has certain antioxidant properties that are known to block free radicals in the body that can play a large role in the ageing process.
2. GREEN TEA
- I had green tea twice a day in order to reduce the stress in my mind and of course in my face.
- Since green tea is rich in antioxidants, which help fight against free radicals in the body, the steam gives your skin a direct shot of these antioxidants.
- You can also check our article on 7 Youtube Workout Channels that can help you relieve stress!
- Twice a week, I started applying this mask on my face.
- The main reason for using honey and cinnamon to treat acne is because it can help to kill the bacteria that contribute to inflamed pores.
- Twice a week, this used to be my go-to face mask too.
- Gram flour or Besan helps lighten acne scars and pigmentation to a great extent.
- This helps restore your skin tone and leave your face with a luminous glow.
5. FACE STEAMING
- Thrice a week for about 9-10 minutes of face steaming can do wonders on your face.
- Opening up your pores also softens blackheads, making them easier to remove. It promotes circulation.
- The combination of warm steam and an increase in perspiration dilates your blood vessels and increases circulation.
While trying out all these remedies, it is better to avoid any dairy products as it degrades skin texture, skin tone and can lead to acne.
Last but not the least, self-love is key! Some people have amazing skin by genes, some people don’t. Some people work on their health in order to get amazing skin, I was one of them, too but guess what, it’s alright! After all, isn’t life all about loving yourself and accepting yourself! Keep your spirits and confidence high, always and you will slowly start seeing changes in your life and lifestyle. Cheers!